Let me write a poem
It’s almost time for bed
It’s almost time to settle down
Before I rest my head
I think it’s quite interesting
That as I fall asleep
I have kin all over the world
Who’re fighting for their peace
Who’re fighting for their freedom
Our freedom, Black freedom
Who’re looking to those who help oppress
When we don’t really need em’....
I wake up & go to sleep thinking all things blackness
I wake & go to sleep & try to make things happen
I wake up & go to sleep & hope my kin are sleeping like me
With all the imbalance in the world that’s highly unlikely
If I can be a source of hope I’d love to say
That your joy is your strength & it goes a long way
Get a peaceful good nights rest for then you’ll see
The battles ahead will be fought with ease & your rest is key.
Don’t burn out on the little fights the battle is ahead
& when you get home get cuddled up & rest your head
I have a little message for you & I hope you see
I love you my Africana people, sleep tight, & be happy 💛💜
Hello All! Well, my NEW BOOK of poems is available to purchase! I updated it with all the poems you all like the most, and you can see the evolution of my mind over a decade. Thank you so much to all of you who expressed interest in my poems, now you can enjoy them all in one! Please support, and let me know which one is your favorite, you can support, here!
Thank you so much!
Hello All! I’m glad to have you. As you can see, DiasporAfri, LLC is growing. I really want DiasporAfri to feel like a family, a journey, and that is why I like to give life to Black people’s actual voices and stories. So give me feedback, what would you like to see? What is important to you? As DiasporAfri grows, I’d like to tell you what is next, and what I am currently working on to catch you all up.
- Dear Black People™ Webinar Series will be back at the end of March! I am taking the time to refine it using the feedback from the first round, and giving life to specific narratives. This series is liberating minds. I will use part of the proceeds to provide free workshops for youth on a mass scale, that has always been the plan, but now it is revealed!
- Melanated Gem™ Handmade Accessories to uplift and empower the Global Black Diaspora are now on sale! These waist beads, headbands, and bracelets are special y’all! I made them with the colorful character of the Global Black Diaspora in mind, they are themed, they are powerful, they are bright, and you’ll have a reminder everyday of who you are!
- Garden of Love: A Book of Poems is being updated to reflect the poems I have written this year that you all love, thanks for the feedback! The updated book will be available next Wednesday, right on time for Wordy Wednesdays! Please support, this book features poems that I have written from 2009 until now, yes 2009! when I was just in undergrad, you can definitely see the evolution of my mind through the poems.
- The DiasporAfri, LLC App is in pitch mode, and development mode, so I am using feedback to create a product that will really speak to my audience the way you all need to be spoken to, it’ll be great this time around!
- The Day I learned to Cook Oatmeal: A Journey of Faith, Love, and Redemption is being updated as well to reflect part 4, it has been off of the bookstore for a few months now, but I have ten copies at home, it sold pretty well the first time around, but with the change of events in the world, I am updating it to add some more advice for the times! That will be available in April.
- Check out the brand new events calendar page to see when the next event or workshop is, and when I’ll be featured as a guest speaker. I have an event coming up on Sunday 11/14/2021 as I’ll be presenting for the Africanidad community, the same one featured in this blog post.
- As always, you can subscribe to this blog to read uplifting and forward moving content everyday, and I’ll be working on new music soon as well, but as you can see, I’m very busy!
- Last but not least, I am doing my 2nd round of reaching out to members of Congress and the Senate, for a full list of initiatives on behalf of the Black Community. This is to create one authentic sound and due our duty of accountability as citizens! This time, I am also reaching out to partner with liberated organizations as well. Check out a meeting from the first round of meetings!
The purpose of DiasporAfri, LLC is to educate, uplift, and entertain the Global Black Diaspora for the purpose of unity! No division over here, if we notice an issue, we address it with forward moving solutions. We reject white supremacy and we free our minds to be fully confident and dependent on ourselves, as every united people should be. We have no time to waste, Black people’s safety and well being is on the line, and people are falling victim to 400 year old tactics. At DiasporAfri divide and conquer is demolished, and we support our sistren and brethren across the diaspora unapologetically. Consider donating as well, as I use the opportunity to reach as many people as I can, a donation form can be found below, especially for the development of the DiasporAfri app! With the many initiatives you see above, I kindly ask for your support and wish to partner with other liberated organizations doing the same!
Have a wonderful day! Any donation of $15 or above, you can receive a choice of a bracelet or a copy of my book of poems!
Support DiasporAfri, LLC
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly
What is community? Community provides unity and immunity; immunity from outside forces, and of course it makes us feel better when conditions worsen. Community is built on peace, commonalities, principalities and styles that are unique. No 2 communities look the same, there's always a common solution if anyone is to complain. Only disruption comes from the outside. Any support you need is just a short ride. Foundations are strong and built to take a blow, no one has to be worried because the neighbors already know! Just like the blood rushes to the wound, community rushes to the one that suffering from a wound. Community helps speed up the healing time, community helps recovery feel divine. Therefore... As I stretch my hand out to lift you up, strength is our connection, & full is our cup I pour into you what I already know As you pour into me I can feel our bond grow As you tell your story it helps us to rise, small details connect us, a pleasant surprise. Tell your story authentically & loud tell it proud Authentic voices create a new generational sound Speak it until we find our new language, confuse the enemy with our unified love sandwich. Teach them that divide & conquer won’t work. Teach them that all they can do is lurk. We have a plan now & we're leaving you out, you can't speak our language, we don't respect clout. Our new language rebuilds the strength of a nation, we own our stories, we shape liberation. Comm-unity strong. Stay tuned.